Fiat Lingotto factory, located the area in the south part of the city.
In 1919 the car track was projected, a one-kilometre long ring on the roof of the building. To allow a direct access, in 1923-1924, it was projected the north ellipsoidal flight. Inaugurated in 1923, the factory was completed in 1929-1930. At the Lingotto the car production ended only in 1982.
After Renzo Piano transformed part of the Lingotto in a congress centre, with a huge auditorium. An helicopter landing strip and a vast meeting room, in a glass bubble, are placed above the car track. Inside the project is completed with the realisation of a shopping gallery, a big hotel, a multiplex, an the prestigious art gallery Giovanni and Marella Agnelli.